Welcome to the Bishop Gray Retirement Foundation website.
The Bishop Gray Retirement Foundation’s mission is to provide financial assistance for reasonable housing and healthcare, to elderly Episcopalians from the Southeast, Southwest, and Central Dioceses of Florida, who have faithfully served their parish or diocese. The funds are to be used only for those who can demonstrate a financial need. We do still gratefully receive donations from individuals and parishes from the three dioceses, and all gifts are tax-deductible since we are a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. The Bishop Gray Retirement Foundation’s Board of Trustees would like to preserve the endowment fund as much as possible, using only the income from investments for distribution.
To be eligible for the Bishop Gray Retirement Financial Assistance Program an individual must:
• Be age 62 or older, or 100% disabled
• Be an Episcopalian in good standing with a history of involvement in the life of an Episcopal church in the Southeast, Southwest, or Central Diocese of Florida
• Have assets that total no more than $10,000 for one person, $15,000 for two people
• Have a referral from a clergy member of the individual’s parish describing the amount of involvement the individual has had in the parish or diocese
• Have an annual gross income of no more than $28,000 ($33,000 for two people)
• Be retired
In order to view/download the financial assistance guidelines please click on the Financial Assistance Guidelines link found at the top of this page.
In order to view/download the application please click on the Application for Financial Assistance link found at the top of this page.